Paisley Almshouse Book 1612-1808

In the first part of the book Marion Murray deals with the history of the Paisley Alms House. The first recorded poor house or hospital in the town was conceived by the Baillies and Magistrates in 1612. Although the Alms House closed in 1808 disbursements from its poor funds continued well into the 1900s. Marion has extracted from the Town Council Minutes of Paisley over the period 1698 to 1823 all the references to the Alms House. There are both Name and Event Indexes; the name index covers approximately 400 names that are mentioned in the book. The publication is in A4 format and 70 pages.

Paisley Almshouse
1612 -1808 Book

Price £5.50 +
Post & Packaging

Order Form

To order this book please print the relevant order form, complete, sign and send it to the following address including payment for the correct amount depending upon your location and send to:-

Publications Secretary,
Renfrewshire Family History Society,
c/o 51 Mathie Crescent,
Gourock,
Scotland
PA19 1YU

Please make all cheques payable to “Renfrewshire Family History Society”

Order form :   publicationsorder.pdf (Acrobat file)