The Sneddon Poorhouse was opened in 1752 from monies raised from the Inhabitants, Incorporations, Societies, Town Council and Kirk Session of Paisley. This institution lasted for 144 years until its closure in 1896. Marion Murray initially sets the scene by giving a brief historical introduction to the Poor House complete with illustrations. There then follows details of the Inmates and Out Pensioners extracted from Paisley Poor House or Towns Hospital Minute Book 26 May 1752 to 13 November 1764. There are both Name and Subject Indexes; the name index has over 500 persons listed. The publication is in A4 format and 58 pages.
Price £4.99 +